Sunday, February 1

Things I had in France that I liked:
  • snails (Helix lucorum) in garlic butter

  • Tomme
  • canned tuna (it's so much better than American tuna)

  • Vollkornbrot

  • salami

  • saurkraut with frankfurters from the market

  • manakiche (a lebanese flat bread flavored with thyme and olive oil)

  • croissants for breakfast

  • baguettes for breakfast; (while some bakeries have nice baguettes, I'm sad to say that the ones I bake myself are a lot better than some others)

  • dark chocolate tablets, available not only at ED (200 gram tablets with hazelnuts or orange for €1.39) but also at G/20 and FranPrix, for 1.29 (hazelnuts only)
But now I find that Aldi, the German counterpart to ED, which has a store here in the sticks, is sellling 200 gram tablets with hazelnuts for $1.69 under the Choceur label, and it tastes pretty much like the French stuff.

No comments: