Friday, July 16

Crocodile sistah too "excuse me/sorry"

According to a recent report, hoping to make some extra cash, a seventeen-year old girl tried to prostitute herself over the internet with her boyfriend acting as her driver, but she only had one customer because her appearance was too 抱歉 (literally "excuse me/sorry", but it's become an idiomatic term meaning ugly--I guess because when a guy sees such a girl, he says "excuse me/sorry"), or as the report also said of her looks,

...長得比恐龍還恐龍,嚇到人,被稱做鱷魚妹,還被客人嫌3500太貴了!

...she looked worse than a dinosaur, terrifying people, and was called
"crocodile sister", and the customers felt that NT$3500 (US$103) was too
expensive!

I feel sorry for the girl, held up to such ridicule. The story reminds me of Dengtu Zi 登徒子, who is a legendarily lustful man. The reason is that he fathered many children with his wife, who was very ugly. So according to Chinese thinking, men who don't mind plain women are dirty old (young) men.

No comments: