Friday, August 6

Crack

My neck started cracking many years ago once I did some neck-bending exercises (left/right) I saw in a book. Several years ago, I started swimming, and I'd worked my way up to a mile a day freestyle as many as five days a week, but I stopped swimming temporarily because I got a discoloration (it didn't itch or otherwise feel different) that started on the inside of my calves and started spreading to my thighs. It started in Taiwan at the Kaohsiung 前金游泳池 (pic below from here make it look a little nicer than it is), so I wonder if it wasn't a problem with their pool maintenance, but after two days in the local pool, it got still worse. After several days of not swimming, it went away. Now I walk instead, but my neck cracks sometimes again.


Update
I thought I should add that at the 前金 pool they never seem to put up the lanes, the pool itself does not seem all that clean, and the changing rooms are pretty grotty.

No comments: