Sunday, February 18

Another political quiz

Like Daniel Drezner, I get classified as an enterpriser.

Hmm. "Extremely partisan"?? Well, OK. But some of fits, and some of it doesn't. Yes, I'm "driven by a belief in the free enterprise system", but not by "social values that reflect a conservative agenda." I may back "an assertive foreign policy, which includes nearly unanimous support for the war in Iraq, but not for "strong support for such anti-terrorism efforts as the Patriot Act." I certainly don't attend church weekly or attend bible study or prayer group meetings. I may follow news about government and politics more closely than any other group, and exhibit the most knowledge about world affairs, but I hardly ever watch the Fox News Channel.

And I agree with Dan about this:
In all seriousness, however, the test sucks. For example, you are asked which statement you agree with: "The best way to ensure peace is through military strength" or "Good diplomacy is the best way to ensure peace." I'm pretty sure it's not an either-or distinction. Good diplomacy without military strength is largely ignored in world politics. Military strength without good diplomacy bears a strong resemblance to the Bush administration's first term. So, I voted for military strength, because it's more of a necessary condition -- but I wasn't happy about it.

1 comment:

Eric Dondero said...

Here's another political quiz:

www.politicalquiz.us

10 questions. Fast and fun. Find out how pro- or anti-freedom you are.

Also, includes celebrities to compare.