Thursday, July 26

Lucky me?

After my laptop crashed, I slipstreamed a Windows XP CD with SP1 & 2 on another computer. I think I used ISO Recorder Power Toy, although currently that doesn't seem to be available. I don't remember if I used the slipstreamed version on my laptop, but recently when I tried to login to my office computer, Windows logged off immediately, so I googled and found this. Thank you Sunny Kummarasetti! Everything worked OK, except I had several dozen updates to do, and they would not install. Another search, and I found that I had to follow "Mac"'s advice:

Try re-registering the windows update components. This may help fix a corrupt installer


1. Click on Start and Run,
2. Type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.
3. Should get the message "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded" Click OK.
4. Repeat above for each of the following:

REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL

5. Reboot
Success! (for now...)

No comments: