Thursday, September 12

I'm getting to like the smart-ass quotes you can mine from Salon:
Alan Dershowitz says,
I asked the people how many of them favored a Palestinian state living side by side with Israel. I think every person in the audience raised their hand. Then I asked how many people favor a Kurdish state. People looked at me like I was crazy. Then I asked how many people favored an Armenian state inside of Turkey. Same thing. Then I asked how many people favor an independent Tibet? A few hands went up. How many people favor an independent Basque state? How many people favor a Chechen state? People didn't know what I was talking about.
Yeah, right. It just ain't gonna happen, any more than independence for Taiwan, or the Montana Freemen.

Or how to drive wimmen mad--with loathing. One says:
the absolute worst is Tevas with socks. Or sandals of any kind with socks. Or white socks, in most cases. It's very hard to think of a time when white socks are appropriate..
Well, that lets me out.

No comments: