Sunday, September 15

Week-end bake-off! Friday nite I put sugar, rye flour, and lukewarm milk in a bowl, but it wasn't turning to sourdough right away, so the next evening I put yeast, rye flour, and water in another bowl. This morning, the non-yeast had soured along with the other, so I used it to make some sourdough rye. I used about half whole wheat and 2 T gluten, but there's a big crack inside. Too bad, as I wanted to use it for sanwiches. Meanwhile, Sat. night I made brownies with a little soy flour--I'm not sure I like that, and this morning, I made waffles with a little soy also. Not bad, but I prefer my whole wheat waffles. And, shortly, I'll make my apricot bread for this week's breakfasts. Yum.

update I used the USDA Nutrient Database to find out that each brownie had 123 calories. Oh, and the bread's a little crumbly, but I loveit!

No comments: