Wednesday, February 5

On our visit to LA, the best meal we had was in a Monterey Park Chinese restaurant called simply "Hunan Restaurant" (423 N. Atlantic Blvd. #101). Spicy inexpensive food and fragrant rice. Most Americans wouldn't like the place because there's not much atmosphere, other than the fact that there are Chinese people there. We went to another place Chinese New Year's Eve that might've been OK ordinarily, but the chef was probably a little hectic, and the food wasn't all that good. We also ate at a Japanese restaurant in Monterey Park. Big servings, but not too good. We should have known better. What's really weird is that somebody in the Monterey Park city gov't accessed this blog after I got back. I didn't think I left any traces from when I was there; I guess I should have worn my tin foil hat.

No comments: