Friday, October 24

I've got 10+ years to go till retirement, but since my wife's Chinese & I like Chinese food, we're considering moving to a place with lots of Chinese restaurants, which means lots of Chinese people. city-data.com has the stats on race, as does AreaConnect. But since we're not familiar with the areas, first I've got to go to the U.S. Census Bureau; as of now, they've got a good explanation of how to find things here. I found P6. RACE (in the US, Asian generally means Chinese) and PCT10. AGE BY LANGUAGE SPOKEN (whatever the hell that means) most helpful.
  • San Francisco County

  • Alameda County (SF)

  • Los Angeles County

  • Orange County (LA)

  • Sacramento County

  • San Diego County

  • San Mateo County (SF)

  • Santa Clara (SF)

  • Ventura County (LA)

Looks like the Chinese live in the priciest neighborhoods. Gah. Maybe other states are cheaper.

No comments: