Tuesday, May 31

Spoon

Every pool I've been to in Taiwan and in Paris has clothes-changing cubicles, which is odd, since in the US locker rooms we can see each others' shrinky-dinks. Aren't Americans supposed to be individualists and the other guys collectivists? Meanwhile, our locker rooms are segregated by sex. I assumed the rationale is so we don't ogle the opposite sex, although my wife tells me that I'd want to gouge my eyes out after seeing most of the women in her locker room. Anyway, if the rationale is against oging, what if a gay guy looks at me carnally? Doesn't that mean they should have separate locker rooms for gays? But what if a gay guy looks at another gay guy carnally?! So for the sake of consistency we should either have individual changing rooms, or just one big locker room where everyone lets it all hang out. And maybe they should have a spoon for gouging out one's eyes.

No comments: