Tuesday, June 26

"Reservation" at Carbondale, IL Enterprise rent a car

Not having checked Enterprise out beforehand, I'd assumed they were a reputable business, and made an online reservation, which I followed up with a telephone call regarding a Friday 12:30 pm pick-up. The agent said something about there being "more choice" later in the day, but I told him that was my schedule. As it happened, my schedule was changed, and so I made the change to 2 pm online and phoned again on Thursday, and everything was supposed to be OK, but when I called Friday at 1:45, there were no cars at all. I guess that's what less choice means. They told me to check back at 3, when there were no cars. When I found out that over a dozen other customers were in the same situation, I cancelled my so-called "reservation". I had to make other last minute arrangements, and because my departure was delayed, I missed an important meeting.

I'll never use Enterprise again.

No comments: