Sunday, November 3

Apricot-prune bread

Every weekday for breakfast I have a couple of slices of home-made (by me) "quick bread" and a cup of coffee (instant in skim milk that I heat in the microwave). A couple of hours after my ten o'clock class, I noticed a smear on the back of my pants that looked like shit. In fact, it was part of my breakfast. Here's the recipe (which is my own invention, by the way):
Apricot-prune bread
Mix together:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons molasses or brown sugar
Beat:
2 eggs
add:
2/3 cup plain yoghurt
1/3 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
mix these ingredients with the flour mixture
Mix in:
1 cup chopped dried apricots
1 cup chopped prunes
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup of oil
grease a 9" x 5" pan, bake in preheated 350 degree oven until done; about 1 1/2 hours.