Thursday, November 28

I'm blogging on Thanksgiving because frankly, it's just another day to me. Not that I don't appreciate how happy I am. But as a non-believer, I guess I've got to say I'm not really thankful, except to my fellow humans, or at least those who behave themselves.

So what's for dinner today? Sometimes we have jiaozi. (I hate callling them dumplings, because to me a dumpling is boiled dough with no filling.) Here are some recipes, but I can't vouch for them. The hardest thing is making the wrappers, as this site describes. I can't say much for the fillings, though.

Anyway, for lunch today, we're having leftovers (better than it sounds: pork meatballs mixed with rice). Then for supper, home-made hamburgers. I like mine really rare. A couple of days ago, we had Vegetarian Black-Eyed Pea Stew, with some hot peppers added to the recipe, and served with cornbread. Yum. Last night, we had the Tortilla Pie again. We used cottage cheese and mozzarella from Aldi; maybe that's why it wasn't really tasty. For a snack last night, I had ratlami sev, which I discovered at our local International Grocery Store ("spices and specialty foods from all over the world; including dry foods and fresh fruits and vegetables"). Yum. So I'm thankful for all of that.

However, I'm not so thankful that the tasty French/Belgian dark chocolate tablets that one can find in supermarkets like Monoprix or ED, often own-brand, also C�te d'Or, are not readily available here. I guess we'll have to rent an apartment in Paris.

No comments: