Saturday, December 21

Good news, I guess. The condemned to death can order out. Or have your mom make it (but what the hell is "German lasagna"?). Although it depends where you're incarcerated. These Swedes, who disapprove of the death penalty, maintain:

In certain prisons the prisoner is allowed to choose anything he likes. And the orders vary from exclusive dishes to junk food like hamburgers and French fries. In other states the condemned prisoner can choose between a number of alternatives on a printed menu. In some states there is no choice whatsoever.
Here's a sample of some meals. Note there's no alcohol or cigarettes. Unless you're a Moslem in China. But my wife tells me in Taiwan, they let you drink alcohol.

All of this occasioned by the Foodblog, although I've been wondering about my last meal: I'd like it to be jiaozi, but if they can't get my wife to make them, most restaurant jiaozi just won't come up to snuff. I guess I better not get on death row.

No comments: