Sunday, December 22

I was so excited about the baguettes, I forgot about the chocolate cheesecake I'd made. It's based on the recipe in on the box, but I used 2 packages of cream cheese, creamed with 1/4 cup of sugar, added 2 beaten eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and one tablespoon flour. Then I melted 1 + 1/2 cups chocolate chips, but I forgot that when the chocolate cooled, it would harden, and I wanted the "marbled" look, so I didn't mix the chocolate in with the cheese mixture very well. Then I poured it into a ready-made Oreo pie shell (I was going to make my own, but this way was cheaper), baked it in a 325� oven for about half an hour, let it cool, refrigerated it, then served it. Not ideal, because the chocolate is partly separate, but not bad, either. I think I'll go have a piece.

No comments: