Friday, December 27

Music News

I don't much listen to popular music, instead it's mostly Romantic era classic chamber music (I had a colleague turn up nose at this "bourgeois" music), so what do I know. But I'll listen to Britany Aguilera or whatever their names are. Still it's nice to see that in the US, generic pop is going downhill. Wait a minute. Actually I don't think Neil Strauss knows what he's talking about here.

Meanwhile, via Eric Olsen at Blogcritics, the world's top ten favorite songs, according to the BBC. Seesh. It looks like the South Asians really got behind some of their favorites. The only songs I'm familiar with is Cher's "Believe" (which I like even though it's so cheezy), and "Bohemian Rhapsody", which I've loathed ever since it came out. And as for the rest, I can't say I find them very attractive. Still, more choice is good, right?

No comments: