Sunday, December 1

The leftover Butterscotch Fudge Squares are just too sweet; I finally tossed the leftovers. Sunday I made chocolate chip cookies with walnuts, and a mix of flour, tapioca starch and soy flour. Fresh out of the oven, it seemed as if there were not enough walnuts or chips, but the next day they just seemed lacking nuts. For breakfast Sunday I made sacristans, based on the Cranberry Wreaths, with chocolate chips and chopped walnuts instead of berries. Not so good; a little dry. I also tried to bake the pain Poil�ne. I modified it by using a piece of risen dough I'd used earlier instead of yeast for the starter (I later added some yeast). Everything went well until I shaped it and left it to rise, but then it stuck to everything and made a big mess. I was ready to toss it, but my wife rescued it. Ultimately I don't think we let it rise enough, but it still tasted pretty good.

No comments: