Tuesday, July 1

Colin L. Powell says (of a Palestinian state), "You can't have people with guns, armed militias, inside of a state." Meanwhile, we're disarming the Iraqis. What next? Red-blooded Americans? Although here's an irony via Pejman Yousefzadeh: GAIL SCHILLER writes, 3 Dead, 3 Hurt in Calif. Grocery Attack
IRVINE, Calif. - Police shot and killed a sword-wielding man described by relatives as schizophrenic after he slashed and killed two former co-workers and wounded three other people at a supermarket where he used to bag groceries.

About 40 to 50 shoppers ran from the store shortly after 9:30 a.m. Sunday as police went in to subdue Joseph Hunter Parker, who was armed with a samurai-style sword and wearing a beret and trenchcoat, said police Cmdr. Jeff Noble.
You'll have to pry my samurai sword from my cold, dead, hands. And rip my trenchcoat off my back. But no, rumors to the contrary, I don't wear a beret.

No comments: