Friday, July 11

L.T. SMASH writes:
If we gave in to the snivelers and peaceniks who cry, �Bring our troops home now!� Iraq would undoubtedly descend into a bloody civil war, and God only knows who would come out on top. Saddam might even emerge from hiding, claiming to have driven the �infidels� out of his country. The United States would have suffered another black eye, and our enemies would be further emboldened to attack us again. We would have lost the war, and all of the brave Americans and British who gave their lives in this operation would have died in vain.
I had my doubts about the war because of I was afraid the American people wouldn't have the stomach for the long term. I hope I'm wrong. Link via Dean's World, who also suggests reading this. Me, I like the one showing the bureacratic mind at work:
Someone in this strange land has the job of opening every box of Heinz 57 Sauce, removing each individual bottle, crossing out the word �pork,� and returning it to the box.
Sniff! It makes me proud!

Although maybe the administration doesn't know what it's doing; Sgt Stryker says,
My personal feeling is that there's no beef to this reconstruction. I see a plan emphasizing the appearance of strength and action, yet little else. It's as if they're waiting for something to happen. What that something is, I don't know, but they seem to be waiting for it. The dog and pony show is fine at the outset, yet at some point you really have to begin delivering on the things you promised the natives, else they will start paying attention to the man behind the curtain. Once that happens, the mist of authority and credibility will evaporate quite quickly and you'll find yourself in an undesirable and messy situation.

No comments: